Viewing 0 reply threads
  • Author
      Ayinde
      Keymaster

A WELCOME BACK TO SCHOOL MESSAGE FROM THE STATE CHAIRMAN, NIGERIA UNION OF TEACHERS, LAGOS STATE WING!

We give God Almighty all the glory and honour for being counted among the living to witness another glorious dawn of the year 2024. No doubt, this could not have been by our might, but by His grace.

As we resume afresh for a new academic term, I would like to admonish all our esteemed members to remain committed to their statutory primary assignments, as well as being courteous to constituted authorities in our various domains.

As a responsive and responsible union, the state wing is not unaware or insensitive to some of our expectations from our employer, the Lagos State Government, particularly on the issue regarding the very disturbing dichotomy between the Secondary and Primary School sectors on the payment of December 2023 palliative wage award.

As your servant leader, I want to sincerely appeal to you all,that we should remain calm , as efforts are on going to get the attention of Mr. Governor on this particular matter. Already, we have initiated conversations and engagements with critical stakeholders on this very issue.

We quite understand that, this particular matter, not being an establishment case, requires a political solution, as a team leader,I will do all the needful to defend your interest.
      The Struggle they say continue,it is our hope that we shall be victorious.

Other issues, such as the following, are equally being addressed:

1. Implementation of the extension of service years law,from 60 to 65 years;

2. Year 2023 annual merit award for teachers

3 Implementation of the 2023 promotion of successful officers from the Primary Sector.

On a final note, the union is indeed very grateful for all your support and understanding over time, and I cannot take this for granted.

I pray that God will grant you a renewed vigour and sound health to excel in this new academic term.

Congratulations and many happy returns!

Happy Resumption!

Akintoye Hassan- NUT Chairman, Lagos.

Viewing 0 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Scroll to Top